Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Rat

~ I don't know how the heck this happened, but it makes a good story! ~

~Once upon a time~, my friend Claire gave me a funny, squeaky toy rat. Her explanation was that it was the true form of a mean old man I was mad at. It sure did cheer me up! I kept the rat toy in my locker and my friends laughed and enjoyed it. One day, I closed my locker and realized I forgot to put the rat back in. My friend Luke got excited and said "I'll keep it in my locker!" So I let him.
  A few days later, I remembered Luke still had the rat. I asked him where it was and he said he couldn't find it. It turned up later from some odd place it was left. I shrugged it off thinking it was no big deal.
  Today at play practice, the guy who was playing the main character whispered to me from backstage,
"Hey, Zoey! Where's the rat?" I looked back at him puzzled. He tried to explain,
"I need it for the next scene!" Just then, something clicked together and everything fit.

  Someone told me that my rat was left on the stage one day when I wasn't at practice. Apparently, some of the people were playing with it and thought it was cool. So, the director put it in the play as a prop in one of the scenes. The rat is now an essential part of our school play. It even has a more important role than me! 

Well at least the mean old man is good at something :)


10 comments:

  1. It really is funny in the play, which I am costuming by the way; read my post at;
    http://ameliaseverythingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so funny! I can't wait to see the show! When is opening night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lololololololololololololololololololololololol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel funny now cuz you guys are typing and laughing at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it IS very strang!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH,

    ReplyDelete
  6. My whole life is strange!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. + all your friends are aswell....
    i should know...

    ReplyDelete