Monday, November 7, 2011

The Skipping Tree That Takes My Bus

So the other day, I told my little sister about an earlier blog post (Hobos and a Tape-Eating Sheep). When she heard the name “Cedar” she piped up and said,
“Cedar? He takes my bus!”
I have been taking the bus with a bunch of annoying people who talk about questionable things. But apparently, my little sister has been taking the bus with my friends Claire and Cedar, and a bunch of nice little kids who like to share candy.
~ I decided to see if the other bus was any better, and it was! ~
When I got on the bus, all I could see was a bunch of smiling little kids (I even knew some of them)! For a while, I talked to my friend’s little sister who I have known for years. A few little kids smiled at me and said hi, and one even offered me potato chips. I said no, though. I wasn’t really hungry and he had a creepy look on his face.
After the bus stopped at the elementary schools, Cedar and me were the only ones left. I talked to him and he was ten times more fun to talk to than anyone on my old bus!

Then in science today, we were collecting leaves for our leaf-press books. My group was Cedar, Ky and me. We walked out in the field area where our tree was supposed to be. Along the way, we found a way to entertain each other. We made balloons out of our plastic bags and talked trough and echo tube. Collecting leaves was easy. Then on the way back, we all started skipping. It was hilarious to see two guys skip! And just before we got back to class, Cedar picked up a handful of the little seeds that his little sister and I call helicopters, and threw them in the air. 
Everyone smiled as they saw the seeds flutter down onto the sidewalk. :)


3 comments:

  1. Very nicely written! I like how the story includes other people and it ends by touching back on the subject in the beginning, "Cedar". Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete